A development shop can be broadly associated with service delivery (consultation and service at cost) or product delivery (product sold at cost). I think the following principles could be applied to both:
- Always try to Innovate
- There are different ways of solving a problem. Try finding the best approach.
- Have faith in your teams capability to deliver anything.
- Have faith in yourself and believe that you have potential to change the world.
- You need to have flexibility and the capability to move fast.
- Always try to work in the team but also hold your identity.
- Believe in sharing knowledge and tips.
- Trust your colleagues.
- Avoid bureaucracy and politics like plague.
- Customer is the king. If a customer doesn’t know something be ready with a training session.
- An absurd idea is not always a stupid idea. Be open and receptive.
The core belief is the willingness to innovate and allow customer to be the final judge.