Being a hard core java programmer the Windows console is only one step away from me. In Windows 7 I use a nifty inbuilt feature which allows me to open a command window and switch to a given directory in a single step.
- Using My Computer / Windows Explorer navigate to the relevant folder.
- Press Shift and do a Right Click either on the folder name.
- You will get a popup menu with the option “Open Command Window Here”.
- Clicking on this option will open the console / terminal window with this folder as the current directory.
- You can Right Click on an empty area as well to open the console/terminal for the current folder.
This facility is a time saver and I really like using it every now and then.